PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G650 day rate
Thread: G650 day rate
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 08:28
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Truth...

Everybody here sees this issue from their own viewpoint and does not necessarily represent the truth as you may then personally experience it. There are many very differnt factors and variables in this equation - being at the right place in the right moment with the qualifications demanded and last but not least, having a good network of connections in the field. So at the end of the day it pretty much burns down to the individual.

If I were you, I would first go jobhunting and then, when you have an agreement of guaranteed employment as soon as the the TR is stamped in your license, go ahead and spend your money on it - otherwise the danger of running empty is just too big and what the others have posted is very valid. You are also distorting the market, if you pay for TRs - I do not blame you personally, but it is still a fact. If you are really that experienced, as you say, then why would an owner of such an aircraft not sponsor you a TR ? That is one thing I fail to understand here. If you are rather "inexperienced" and receive a joboffer in turn for financeing the TR (like I explained above) I can understand it as a stepping stone, as I have done it that way myself.