PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opting Out EK Accomodation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 03:38
Ana_Cleto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, and thanks for replies.

You never know for how long you come, but I sure did not come for a visit. Don't think I will retire here, but the 10 years line mentioned seems very plausible. Anyway, who knows...

No Harry, we were shown a unit in Garden View Villas, behind Ibn Battuta Mall. Right now people are being moved from there by EK somewhere else; a good friend of mine just made his move to DSO.

Been here more than a year already and I have to say that we are reasonably happy in an overall, but pretty disappointed with the accommodation. We were told in the interview that they would do as much as in their hands to meet our needs...and one of two: there is not much in their hands, or they just put people in the first vacant spot they find, like shuffling cards.

I could give you examples, not only mine, of housing that make little sense considering family and personal circumstances, and I could also say that simply swapping homes among individuals, or giving the right thing, would make a lot of them more happy. It just cannot be that hard to hit the target....there's a certain amount of people that would live happy in my place, and whose house would fulfill my needs. And I am talking about pilots joining at the same time, or very close.

Yeah Harry, thinking about buying too, just waiting to see what prices do, and making numbers.

Also heard that banks will consider your personal case and let you go with less than a 25% down payment, don't know if true or myth. Also concerned about rumours that not foresee a bright future to that contractual clause named housing allowance.

Renting gives you more flexibility, but it seems that you may get trapped in a landlords caprice. Anyway I've been told that some agencies will somehow warrant a constant, fair and not crazy rent rise, against a nice fee of course, but again this is something I don't know if real.

Thanks again, keep surveying...