PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 03:37
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last thing I'm going to write about this, because it's no using debating when the other party just doesn't want to listen.

Nikita, I'm from poor upbringings myself. You have no idea what it takes to become a pilot for the less fortunate, how many sacrifices and financial risks one has to take, yet you keep branding us as spoiled elitist bourgeoisies.

You blame us for avoiding topics, but you avoided an important question yourself about your day to day things you use. You obviously have a computer, in which conditions were these components made? How many children did it take to assemble it? A person with your moral standards obviously has her own sheep to make wool and clothes and doesn't buy any of the cheap confection out there that's made through child labour in Indonesia or by the children of those same Bangladeshi workers you claim to protect.

Unfortunately we live in a global world where big companies exploit the inequaties to make money. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that. What I can do however is make sure that I earn enough money to employ a maid in very good conditions, tip the workers that come and do jobs that have already been paid for a decent amount of cash and above all treat everybody who I meet, blue collar or white collar, above or below my pay grade, with a lot of respect. In return I get genuine smiles.

I do want to thank you though for feeling so bitter and attacked when what I merely wanted to do is have a debate, one where people actually listen and think before they release the hounds in their reply. Your reply rate keeps this topic hot on pprune, and the more people read about this, the more people might actually sign Bluewaters petition. That way, those guys actually get the support they deserve. A genuine thank you for that.