PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 01:17
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me begin by recommending to read the thread.., I realize that it is massive but go back about 4 years worth and start from there. Not only all these questions have been discussed in great detail but also because many other issues that you might not think about asking have also been discussed.

If I wanted to commute from a regional airport in Europe, will AJX only pay for me to get to one of the hubs in Europe and it would then be at my own cost to get home from there?

If you choose business class commute.., you will get a ticket to the closest airport to your home, be it a mayor hub or a regional airport

Also, how flexible are the company if you wanted to change back and forth between two destinations for commuting?

You get two commuting destinations provided they meet the criteria (you own a vacation home there, your parents resident town, your kids live there..., in short, there is a logical reason as to why you want to go there, other than it has good surf)
And you can choose between your two commuting destinations at your discretion as long as you send the application by the due date.

Finally, why are there adverts for DEC positions on the Crew Resources website but there is bound to be many exptienced FOs with experience?

Don't ask why.....! Why doesn't compute...! LOL..,

DEC's are not being hired unless they have a JCAB license and thus far the hiring of DEC's has not obstruct the F/O's upgrades

How long is it to the LHS for F/Os joining now?

Historically F/O's have been joining the line as captains by the 4-5 year mark....!

Having said that.., we just don't know what kind of utilization will ANA give to AJX going forward nor do we know how will that impact the average time for upgrades.
All we know is that hiring will continue with a class every other month at least through 2018, the why's, have not been shared with us, we are just going along for the ride...!