PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Transition Training Interview
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 00:44
legoswag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since no one posted any of their experience here. I feel productive today so imma gonna put something up here.

Competed the interview in Jan, it's two days.

Day 1
- went up to HR and met two HR ladies and went straight into a room and completed a group exercise. it took about 30 mins for the exercise and then there was a question for each person afterward.
- Next was sim briefing, then sim eval. Pretty straight forward, no tricks to it. evaluate yourself after.
- Personality test - answer 120 questions - random and you can't study it

if you pass day one you move on to day two

Day 2
- Orientation- tell you all about hong kong and your pay.
- Interview - 1 hr and 1 pilot for me. (you can research this on pprune for sample questions)
- medical - (basically check everything)
- english test (20 mins) - phone interview talking to someone from kiwi

I did not get the job, I was kind of shocked because I thought I did alright. Despite all the haters comment about cx in this forum, I still believe that this would be a good gag for young guys/gals (under 35). It might be tough if your family needs to rely on you. Hong Kong is a weird place, you either love it or don't.

Here's what I think cathay is looking for:
- is the person going to adapt the life in hk and cathay
- is the person going to leave at this company after getting a jet rating (this reflects on your cv history)
- did the person put effort in this interview (if you are on this site, you already did)

Good luck to those who have interviews coming up!