PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G650 day rate
Thread: G650 day rate
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 22:22
B200Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SD380, My advice is don't do it You are about to throw away $91K of your hard earned money on a whim!! DXB does not have a 650 sim so that part is out. Do you have any corporate time if not Gulfstream time? If not, You are probably going to end up in the RHS not earning $2500 a day or anywhere near that. You say you have been all over the world, is that only to city airports as an airline pilot or to out of town small airports that you have had to do your own planing and analysis for? The reason I ask, is because thats what the guy who owns the G650, or his people ( the guy thats the PIC) is going to ask. Furthermore, I have never heard of any company or individual paying someone back for a rating they needed to get hired. They hire type rated pilots for two reasons, experience on type and to save themselves the cost of the type rating. IMHO you are probably going to find yourself having to go back to the expat life in somewhere like Asia to earn back the money you spent on the 650 rating as the competition in the US will be full of people with corporate experience and time on type. Please don't see this as criticism of an airline pilot thinking he can just swing on over into a LHS position in a G650 earning top dollar because he paid for the rating. Its not, its just some food for thought before you blow 91K!!