PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 21:29
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Davi_d

It's very indicative how ALL of you managed to AVOID the real subject here. I don't know whether you are lying to yourselves or you really think that you are better than others (namely - third world's workers).

You have invested in something that is bad per se. I knew about abuse of the third world's workers even before I came to Dubai. There are documentaries about it all over the Internet. We all know how those science fiction buildings are built.

I didn't sign the contract for a constructive worker but for a check in agent and I come from Europe, so I knew that EK wouldn't dare to take away my passport and imprison me in the company. So I was prepared for bull**** although I didn't know how bad it really is. When I had enough of it I raised my voice and I left. But I had my passport and I could leave any time I wanted. That was enough for me. I know how to take care of myself as long as I can move freely. Those workers don't have that chance. And we ALL KNOW IT.

I didn't invest my money in EK, I didn't look for a way to benefit from the system I didn't like and, certainly, I didn't want to contribute and help the system which me and my colleagues and friends are victims of.

You, on the other hand, should think whether you should be this aggressive in your campaign because you were, actually, treated in the same way in which "employers" are treating those workers: your rights are brutally taken away.

At least you have some chances to get your money back. Nobody is giving a flying crap about those workers, including you. So did you ever ask yourselves why should anyone give a flying crap about you? Because you are fighting for ideals? Because you are white and privileged Europeans, Australians and Americans (+some of the "brown" people, as you called them)? What a pile of emotional manipulation bs is that.

Last edited by Nikita81; 22nd Feb 2015 at 22:52.