PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA bans governor off training
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 21:02
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Surely quite enough Robinsons crash as it is without doing eol to the ground ....
I have always believed that insurers should either ban them or charge an extra premium for those that insist on doing them . Granted , they are fun but when you pay your own insurance ( which the majority of the people on this site do not !) it is irritating to say the least when insurers hike premiums due to in part so many botched ones !! A 5 -10ft power recovery should be sufficient as writing it off in the last few feet is not really a concern to anyone .... Including the insurance companies . This is due to the incredibly rare occurrence nowadays . I think the helicopter training world is still stuck in the 1960,s and 70,s when total engine failures were more common . Nowadays we should be concentrating much more on good airmanship rather than playing all day
at eol,s !!!!
Ps I started to get really good premiums when I stated that none of my helicopters would ever do them and I have certainly never done one in the current machine !!