PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 19:45
Zephyr1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lufthansa

I have talked to some pilots from Lufthansa. Please LH people correct me i i have misinterpreted what they have said to me.. Anyway, this is pretty much moddel in Lufthansa a.g.

They have opening for cca 200-300 hundred fos every few years.

Requrements is to pass all the test (dlr, general tech knowledge, medical...)

After that, if you succeed, they send you to LH interkokpit for integral flight training to gain ATPL (f) CPL ME IR, than you get MCC and JOC on CJ2 (sym and aircraft).

After you have finished all of it (cca 2 years or less) you wait for your type rating on A320 (before was either 320'or 737, but 737 is in phase out).

After you finish your type rating you start flying and getting your fo salary.. Withing 2/3 years you are on 330/340, later on 380, 747..

After maybe 8-12 years, you switch to left seat from 320 and climb all that leaders again from the left side.. By the late 30ies or early 40ies you are cpt in widebody in a magnificent company.

And now price tag of that? 180.000 euro.

After you are accepted, before atpl (f) cpl me ir mcc joc training, you have to pay 1/3 which is 60.000 euros. Lufthansa covers 60.000 euros. Rest of 60.000 is coverd by pilots after he or she gets release and starts geting his/her salary (through 5 years).

Any type change is of course coverd by the companie (there is bond of course).

Similar is in Swiss.

I beleive thats good story.