PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 16:37
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
So called experts.......... if we were that good, we would be MDs.......

First, I left the job a few years ago because I saw this fiasco coming. Second, it really is a fiasco. Third, I have been requested to do a management job, I would rather stick needles in my eyes, got the tee shirt years ago. Fourth, police aviation DID need a review, they just did it badly. Fifth, 90% of the jobs are not like that as you say. Sixth, from your comments I am guessing you are not in the job. Seventh, if you are, well, concentrate hard....... are you reading my mind???
Eighth, I do consider myself quite knowledgeable about police aviation in a modern UK city.
I totally agree that vicious cuts must be made in public spending, the country is skint. However, I firmly believe that if you want to do a job, do it properly or not at all. As we stand, why waste millions on a second rate service? Just can it completely until you can afford a proper service.
I do not "blame" the management for cuts, they are puppets, however I do not accept someone going on camera and saying forces are getting a better service. That is nothing but a lie.