PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A civilian Walt?Not sure where to post.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 14:07
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A civilian Walt?Not sure where to post.

I operate a medium twin for our own company use and charity flights, recently I needed to go once around the patch to check on a minor transponder snag, we only fly two crew with pax so not wanting to call out my F/O on a day of for a few minutes flight I simply asked if anyone wanted to keep the right seat warm, a fellow said he would like to go, so I asked him his aviation background, he produced a buisiness card which gave many type endorsments after his name, my reply to him was, "Great, I will buy lunch when we finish", and of we went, after I had done the function test of the TXP I asked him if he would like to fly it, {CAVOK +++} he replied that he would, all went OK till about one mile back, at this point we started to go very flat, I mentioned this to him and recieved no response, on looking across at him I saw a "deer in the headlights look" and recieved no response from him, even when I said in a fairly loud voice that I had controll, after landing he finally let go of the yoke but still had the 1,000 mile stare and was totally silent. After shut down he still was being a bit odd so I asked him if he was OK, no answer, now to cut a long story sideways it turns out he has indeed taken numerous simulator courses at some pretty good outfits,{and has proof of same} but has NEVER flown a real aircraft, have any of you instrutor folks on this thread ever seen the likes of this? And by the way, dont tell me I should have dug a bit deeper, I already worked this out!

Last edited by clunckdriver; 22nd Feb 2015 at 14:23.