PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Stephen Combe RM
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 10:47
kiwifan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stephen Coombe

This is my first post so please bear with me....I use PPRUNE very infrequently.

I am a current serving Jungly but I never met or knew Stephen as he was slightly before my era. From the limited research i have done this morning he appeared to be an absolute gentleman aviator. My thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him in this difficult time. I first learned of his tragic accident last night from my wife via her uncle who is in NZ.

He is now living in NZ and retired from the Corps about 8 years ago. I am not sure if there is a Royal Marines association out there but he has been asked to say a few words at his funeral as a fellow Bootneck. He was not an aviator so their paths never crossed. He has asked if i knew him or if I could find a little bit more about Stephen so he could say a few fittings words at his funeral which i understand is due to take place next Saturday.

If anybody could help me pass this info on it would be most helpful and would provide a fitting tribute to Stephen and some comfort for his family in this difficult time.

If you would like to pass anything on then please PM me and i will get it out to Ben in NZ.

Thank you in advance.