PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon 2015
Thread: Avalon 2015
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 10:08
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golly Gosh, it took almost 3 pages before the aviation clothing nazis started their usual fanatical attacks on anyone without a fast jet wearing a zoombag.

They must have such an entertaining time spotting the spotters....

Who G A F what anyone wears. I personally think all those US servicemen ( and some women)!who wear thise stupid looking basin type haircuts, you know the ones with the sides and back all shaved but with a circular tuft on top. The exact opposite of my person haircut in fact. Maybe I'm just jealous.

So.... No white shirt sunnies and blue pants unless you fly an A350 or a C152. No nomex unless your are a fast jet pilot or a spotter. Who cares. It's a day out, have fun go naked, on second thoughts conditions apply for that one.

The C17 crew will all have their nomex on every day even for the static display, does that make them wannabes? They will even have lots of badges, does that make it worse or better? If you are standing beside a static hawk with your nomex on when you are not flying, does that qualify you to make smart arse comments about others? These questions and many others will come up a thousand times a year on pprune thank God. Plenty of shoulders here to carry huge chips on for no apparel reason. (Pun)

It will be easy to identify the REAL pilots attending, they will be wearing a flogged out Jim Beam cap, wrap around sunnies, no watch, jeans and a flanney shirt, there by ensuring they are not trying to look like any industry sector participant. they will be the ones looking like Bogans. Spot away...

I'm going just for S and G. I've been to Alaska and had raptors in proximity as a routine traffic event so don't need to see them again, Yawn.

Expect four seasons in one day, most days. Maybe those cyclones will stay away up North where they belong and we can have a few nice sunny mild days in a row down here.

HD