PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2015, 14:31
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously, I was talking about regular lower grade staff (and construction workers). It is just a coincidence that pilots are treated like **** in EK as well. Surely you would not put yourself in a same basket with Asians whose passports are taken away and who live in a 3 square metres with 5 other persons, without a toilet? And you are proud on yourselves for washing your cars on your own? (sorry, Serbian mentality again ).
Well, I don't think it's that obvious. Again, where do you draw the line? A 22 year old grade 2 who gets paid every month around 8000 DHS but complains because she has to work for it is not an asian worker who shares his bedroom with 5 others to send his money home every month for his family to survive. Who are you to decide who is a worker and who isn't?

But let me tell you something: I got a lot of support emails from pilots but not even one bad experience of theirs to be published. I don't know why is that and I don't think about the possible reasons and I don't expect them to send it to me, but if I am to draw a conclusion from that: ground staff and cabin crew are obviously more endangered and poor.
Ever thought about that pilots in general don't have any other options than flying planes. Did you ever think about what it takes to become a pilot? How many sacrifices most people have to make before even being able to work for an airline? You are obviously very much out of touch with reality and have no idea what is happening in the world outside of your own little sphere or maybe Serbia.

Also, most pilots at Emirates are quite a bit more mature then your average ground staff or cabin crew, so they know how the system works. They have absolutely no need to go and cry to the public on how badly they are treated.

Nevertheless, I started my fight long before I went to public and I was fired for underlying bad working conditions on the open forum. So, it was my personal experience (as everything is) but based on injustice done to me AND my friends and colleagues. I could never calmly stand and watch an injustice happens to someone else.

I started the blog with my case because I could prove it with facts, emails and records. But it was done on purpose. I wanted to draw the public attention for everyone, not just for me. There are much worse cases in EK than mine, but I had proves for mine. Read the Open letter again. It says "we", not "me" and it was sent to the chairman first, just for his eyes.

I insist on my EOSB because this is what I can prove in any court of law.
Bluewater started his fight 5 years ago, never went public until now. He is fighting for an injustice done to him AND 86 other families (do you have 86 official testimonies that are not anonymous??). Bluewater started the petition because they have won a court case years ago and nothing happens. He don't even need to prove it with facts, it's all out and available in the public records for anyone to read through the court case that was won. He wants to draw public attention to how a won court case is handled for everybody who even thinks about investing in Dubai. His petition is for 87 families, not for him personal, although he si the one who took the initiative. Again, do you have 86 others who gave you factual prove of mistreatment or are most of your stories based on anonymous testimonies and hearsay?

One last thing: your battle is more about revenge then it is about idealism. You try to bring down the people that did you wrong by naming and shaming them, nothing idealistic about that and very personal. But then again, it's probably some kind of Serbian idealism that I'm not aware of.