PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2015, 08:38
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My poor Nikita, you just lost quite a bit of the respect I had for you by writing that line
I expect that many would think like you do. Nevertheless, I was never a kiss ass, so I am always prepared to have some people change their opinion on me.

Anticipating your obvious reply: where would you draw a line between being a worker and not?
Obviously, I was talking about regular lower grade staff (and construction workers). It is just a coincidence that pilots are treated like **** in EK as well. Surely you would not put yourself in a same basket with Asians whose passports are taken away and who live in a 3 square metres with 5 other persons, without a toilet? And you are proud on yourselves for washing your cars on your own? (sorry, Serbian mentality again ).

But let me tell you something: I got a lot of support emails from pilots but not even one bad experience of theirs to be published. I don't know why is that and I don't think about the possible reasons and I don't expect them to send it to me, but if I am to draw a conclusion from that: ground staff and cabin crew are obviously more endangered and poor.

and you stood up because YOU were not treated the way you wanted to. YOU then didn't get your end of service benefits and then YOU decided to go public with YOUR story on which you got lots of replies and support
I have never mentioned my ideals or that I am fighting for ideals, because I wouldn't be so arrogant to ever say so (in public).

Nevertheless, I started my fight long before I went to public and I was fired for underlying bad working conditions on the open forum. So, it was my personal experience (as everything is) but based on injustice done to me AND my friends and colleagues. I could never calmly stand and watch an injustice happens to someone else.

I started the blog with my case because I could prove it with facts, emails and records. But it was done on purpose. I wanted to draw the public attention for everyone, not just for me. There are much worse cases in EK than mine, but I had proves for mine. Read the Open letter again. It says "we", not "me" and it was sent to the chairman first, just for his eyes.

I insist on my EOSB because this is what I can prove in any court of law. My official reason for fight. If you ask me unofficially - I have decided to raise my voice against bastards. That's it.

I have to ask...do you own an iPhone
No.

while you are fighting the same enemy for exactly the same root cause: not honouring made agreements by the local authorities.
We are fighting the same enemy I agree, but not on the same side. You wanted to use the system in a same way locals use it and you got screwed because locals are on the top of the food chain. But did you ever think about who is on the bottom of that chain? You have decided to invest in the system whose victims you are?

What happened to you was the risk of your investment. You knew that system is rotten and you knew that justice is not working where you have invested.

You have gambled and lost because your opponent cheated. And you do have the right to be angry but you are not fighting for ideals.

Your fight can draw attention to problems that expatriates encounter in UAE, but that doesn't give you the right to call it "ideals". No (big) money can ever be involved where ideals take place because your only goal when you are an idealist is good for everyone, not just for one group of people. I am not even sure that I am one (idealist). I often find myself bull****ting about my ideals, but only lying to myself.

But at least I find it important to make a difference between ideals and personal interest and abuse of ideals.

I will repeat: I understand you, it is difficult to lose everything you have and to start again from the zero (it's just that I am used to always starting from the zero by living in Serbia). I support your fight and I wish you justice.

Last edited by Nikita81; 21st Feb 2015 at 09:13.