PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2015, 04:48
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Divide et impera

We are not fighting on the same side. I never had a maid, I never owned a car or money to invest in Dubai properties, so you can consider me more as a fighter on a third side of this game - workers' one.
My poor Nikita, you just lost quite a bit of the respect I had for you by writing that line. It just shows how little insight you have in the way things work. Pot - kettle - black comes to mind here..

Bluewater used to be an Emirates captain, who through hard work was able to provide his family with a car, a maid and maybe countless other things that you will never be able to afford. But above all, he was also just a worker, hired to do a job and being paid for it.
Anticipating your obvious reply: where would you draw a line between being a worker and not? Groundstaff are workers but pilots are not? Or maybe First officers are but not captains? What about the numerous purser that have been here a long time and provide for their families? Or maybe it's about what you have? I have a car - I'm not a worker anymore?
Oh yeah, and can you please remove all the pilots and cabin crew stories from your website then, because we apparently are not part of your battle?

An when it comes to ideals: ideals get born out of personal mishaps. How can you claim you fight for ideals but Bluewater doesn't? I have been following you from your first public appearances, and you stood up because YOU were not treated the way you wanted to. YOU then didn't get your end of service benefits and then YOU decided to go public with YOUR story on which you got lots of replies and support. Later, after lots of similar feedback from colleagues, YOUR problem became OUR problem and you could claim now that indeed you fight about ideals now, but never forget why you started the fight, because of your personal experiences. Bluewater is doing the same thing here, sharing his personal experience with loads of other people to start a platform on which not only his problem might be solved, but other's peoples problem as well, so he is fighting for ideals as much as you are.

What you are doing now is putting your ideal above his ideal, claiming that you are on third side, while you are fighting the same enemy for exactly the same root cause: not honouring made agreements by the local authorities.