PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2015, 00:10
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And don't forget, Ryanair dropped a couple of routes too
Yes, Bremen has quietly been dropped for the summer but we do have 6 x weekly Stuttgart starting whereas Bremen was 3 x weekly.

Regarding Monarch Shed, I'm hoping that seat capacity might not be as badly affected as the loss of 3 based a/c would suggest if the remaining 8 based a/c are doing proportionally more shorter sectors, e.g 6 sectors a day rather than 4. However, the loss of A330s is a lot of seats.

I'm surprised in a way that BA are reducing the number of LHR flights at the same time as Little Red are pulling out. I wonder if that suggests they are not so concerned about the amount of potential transfer business from MAN they are losing to other carriers flying to their hubs, or whether it reflects more on a reduction in domestic passengers due to greater use of the train.

The Vueling rumour following on from the announcement of a BCN service should be worth keeping an eye on.

The ACL report in due course showing seat capacity at the beginning of S15 vs S14 will make interesting reading, and frankly I just don't know what to expect in terms of the level of growth based on what we know. Will it be fairly modest or more substantial, and what increase would be acceptable, especially when measured against growth at competitive airports?

ps Glad to hear it's not SQ