PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2015, 23:44
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANFOD ... Not SQ. However, the info I've come across doesn't yet appear to be in the public domain. It is not my place to put it there.

LAX_LHR ... I would love to be as positive as you. Believe me, I love to see MAN do well and add new carriers and routes, every bit as much as you do. But the future isn't determined by our whim and desire for positive outcomes. It is the numbers which do the talking and they don't care what you or I think. The numbers are the same regardless of whether or you interpret them positively and I interpret them negatively. Right now, the capacity increase projected for S15 versus S14 doesn't look so robust. We may have been lulled into expecting otherwise because most of the setbacks are spread across a small subset of carriers, whilst new capacity is spread across many operators. If Monarch had dropped three and Ryanair had added three most of the rest would be jam. But that didn't happen. And don't forget, Ryanair dropped a couple of routes too. The gains v losses margin is tighter than we may have anticipated.

GEB74 - Thanks for your comments. I'll check out the HARPEX data. I'm quite amenable to taking account of more positive indicators! :-)