PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KIWIS BEAT CX IN COURT
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2015, 21:59
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtain Rod
Your analogy, albeit brutally honest concerning cabin crew, is clearly correct. The same comparison could also be used for those managers in many office positions, hence the envy/jealousy we know many of them have - I'd wager after a one week 'conversion' many of us could do their job adequately, and would get better at it very quickly. Conversely, letting arbitrary non-pilot managers loose on the a/c we fly, would no doubt mean we would lose a lot of airframes and bodies.

But back to thread, I think it's great the 2 boys have had a win, no doubt to be appealed, and all the possible result scenarios of what CX may do, including the option that CX may just abide by the courts decision, were well thought through. Yes there's an outside chance CX may do something dumb to show they're 'still in control!', we've all see them drop a dollar to pick up a cent, and at times rationality has not been their strong point.
But overall, good on the boys.

As for people you say need to stay longer because they took a base.
Rod, I normally agree with most you write, but NC I'd suggest explains well the why one often stays longer in financial terms. Most didn't govon the base for the money. It was a lifestyle issue.
I know of parents who've gone because their kids had either mental or physical disabilities, and the help in HK was not as good as they could obtain in their home country. Others are looking after ailing parents to save them being 'well looked after' in a nursing home.

Many take the base because they married someone above the line on the hot crazy matrix, and whilst we all know deep down they are all bat-**** crazy to a degree, keeping them happy saves them hitting the 10 crazy and having a chat with a divorce attorney. So off on a base they go to bring 'em down to the best case 4 crazy line, (all single guys should watch the universal hot crazy matrix video - might save you a few bucks in the long term!) but the temporal plan for their retirement date often now gets stretched out.

So the hair gel brigade have to wait another year or 5.
Whoopdi-effndoo.
Their turn will come.

Last edited by LongTimeInCX; 20th Feb 2015 at 22:47. Reason: Auto spell can't spell bat shit