PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit joining
Thread: Circuit joining
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2015, 20:00
Mach Jump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skyhighfallguy, all good stuff I am sure but those items are not in the syllabus for the licences in the UK. Operation at "minimum level" is in the syllabus which would include turns/orbits at that height.
carry on then, just be careful, sounds like your tool box is a little light over there.
I think when Bob said that those items are not in the syllabus here, he mant that they are not specifically included, but covered under another exercise. 'Operation/navigation at minimum level' includes direction reversals over line features with a crosswind, whilst maintaining balance against the illusion created by the drift, which amounts to the same thing.

Perhaps the main difference here is that this is considered to be an advanced, rather than a basic exercise, and not covered prior to solo.

Also turning right in a LH circuit is something I was taught is a big no-no by my instructors.
Your instructors were quite right, Dan. That is not just not 'conforming to the pattern of traffic', but specificly prohibited by the rules.

MJ

Last edited by Mach Jump; 21st Feb 2015 at 15:09. Reason: Spelling