PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2015, 17:21
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GEB74 - Your comment comes across very negatively. Neither myself nor DomyDom have spoken out against Austrian Airlines - why would we? Many routes have competition, and if MAN-VIE can attract a second carrier then I wish both success on the route. Who knows, there could be three operators if Iraqi Airways get rights on their MAN-VIE sectors.

But I must give full credit to Jet2 for making a success of the VIE route in the absence of any other carrier willing to take the initiative. No doubt they have settled upon a frequency which provides an acceptable level of profitability for them. Perhaps they should ditch that good business sense, go "full-assed" daily and lose lots of money instead to keep you happy?

It is always disappointing to see a poster express a wish to see an airline fail in its endeavours. That is your stance (against Jet2), not ours (against Austrian). Don't be surprised to find little support for your view on a forum provided for aviation professionals. No doubt including afew who have worked hard to establish Jet2 as the fantastic asset to MAN which it has become.