PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skydive The Beach / Skydive Australia - Deleted thread
Old 20th Feb 2015, 01:00
fencehopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't complain about the condition of 'the beaches' aircraft. They are well maintained and he has a good team looking after them. He also asked me to go work for him but i declined the generous offer. Too old for that stress now.
Don't know how the other team play the maintenance game never been in their aircraft. Hard part is getting good high time pilots now. Most log hours then race for the airlines. Can't blame them either. I have noticed the standard of fun jumping decline over the years most old school types have moved out of the sport or prefer traveling to Europe or the US for the big ways or summer boogies.
I find the biggest problem is the young guns progress too fast and get instructor and TM ratings far too early and don't have the experience that high jump numbers give like experience in weather observation ect. Some things only come with time and hours. Attitude and animosity towards the 'old school' is also a big problem. Most young guns believe the sport started the week before they did their first jump. Some refuse advice and it has come back to bite them.
FH