PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2015, 23:54
Bluewater777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikita81

Thank you for your support and encouragement for others to sign our petition.

"You could be next" so I really want to ask - how do you know that? I know because I lived in Dubai for 12 years. I know what happened to us and others and continues to do so. Nothing in Dubai has changed. Nothing will change until we stand up to make it happen. Dubai’s skill is convincing the world via shrewd marketing and media control that they practice rule of law & justice when in fact they only do so when it suits them. Thats my point. You cant just practice what you preach when it suits you.

Kennedy said: Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice. In fact we are fighting for all these - ideals, improving conditions for others and injustice. If our case is not injustice in action then I really don't know what is. I am sure if he were alive to day he would be a supporter.

Not all of us have a desire to invest in Dubai where abuse of workers (especially construction workers) is well known and almost unstoppable. As someone already said: other people are abused so that investors can get their investment back. Its injustice as well. OK but this is for those that are thinking of investing in Dubai, UAE. I support your comment but unfortunately that is their fight. Their choice. It is my opinion the construction workers that have built Dubai are the heroes. They are the only ones that I know of that had the XXX to actively protest their conditions (marching on Shk Zayed Road, etc).

Just leave it as it is - you were scammed and you want what belongs to you by the law. I can appreciate what you are saying but if we all accepted things as they are or left it as it is we simply become one of them! This is not who I am. I am simply asking people to support us and stand up for what is right.

You must appreciate this gentleman's company stole the life savings of 87 families (ref: DIFC ARB001/2010), absconded from Dubai to live in Egypt, was sued successfully via an international sanctioned jurisdiction (DIFC & Dubai Courts) and returned 4 years later to live next door to the people he fleeced and the Dubai police, CID, DIFC & Dubai courts, rulers office, lawyers i.e. the UAE and Dubai justice system simply wont act as they broadcast internationally.

Frankly, Dubai and its airline should be boycotted by all decent people. If you wish to live by a 3rd world justice system then that’s fine but don't promulgate to the world that you practice rule of law when you don’t! DIFC ARB001/2010 is one case that is proof of that.

Nigel