PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complete novice, Advice needed.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2015, 16:53
leedsample

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you to everyones advice so far

i understand the lure of the integrated route. the only thing im worried about is the justification. i understand if i go modular then im going it alone and im going to have to start really low to get airtime and work my way up onto the jets (i watched that 'worst placed to be a pilot' looked really adventurous) but ive spend sub 40k getting through training plus its been tailor made to suit my life. if i go integrated im spending 80k +. the extra 40k+ potentially gets me on the jets for a first job? or am i being blunt?

i spoke with guy who went through CTC and he said to me he had to be placed in a waiting pool upon graduation and waited 9 months for a start and spent 100k plus for the process then went home and worked in a carpet shop until he got the email through for a flexi contract for easy jet.

question is do i spend the 100k and potentially wait post graduation for an email that may never come? or do i go it alone and work my way up with hours but have a 50k pillow?

thanks for the advice guys as this decision is the biggest ive ever had to make and will dictate the course of my life.