PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2015, 02:47
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DomyDom - I agree completely with your reaction to the Jet2 comment, but I believe it is the expressed opinion of a single poster rather than a widespread sentiment. That remark grated with me too. Jet2 are doing a fine job for MAN.

Ryanair's contribution is also laudable, although their growth at MAN for Summer 2015 appears very limited. If this is (as suggested elsewhere) due to issues concerning stand availability at T3 we may see RYR growth at MAN plateau for a while. I do hope that MAG will seek short-term solutions to facilitate Ryanair's continued growth curve at MAN pending the expected major terminal re-development in the longer term. Fuel connections to 56/57/58 would be a good start, along with further incentives to persuade a couple of carriers to switch from T3 to T1/T2. There will always be instances (such as Monarch) where an operator will reduce its programme, so by way of compensation MAG must do their utmost to accommodate the plans of carriers minded to offer healthy growth.