PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2015, 23:47
DomyDom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN-VIE

I'm a little surprised and disappointed to see some MAN supporters keen to see Jet2 pull off the Vienna route in favour of FR to Bratislava. Ryanair has had plenty of opportunity to provide this route but for various reasons including the proximity of the service from other UK airports has chosen not to. Be careful what you wish for, even if Austrian start (and I hope they do) who is to say they will keep the route going when things get tough again as they will at some time. Don't forget that Jet2 are a consistent decent quality outfit, as much as I'm pleased with the FR growth at MAN, we need to remember those partners at the airport who have grown steadily over the years. FR could go/stop expanding (more likely) tomorrow, and we could easily be in the position of BHX. Also FR chop and change routes on a whim so you never know whether any specific route will be operated next season. Let's have a bit more appreciation of what we have gained rather than getting unreasonably picky resulting in us loosing services - remember when MAN decided there was no future in LCCs and it has taken many years to get back to where we should be. Let's not blow it by taking airlines/routes for granted.