PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dangerous incident on American Eagle?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2003, 11:41
RiverCity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dangerous incident on American Eagle?

I was flying from Dorval to JFK on Wednesday (June 4) in a small American Eagle (EMB?) plane. At one point, I heard someone moving in the back -- toward the restroom, I assumed. The cabin attendant rushed down the aisle shouting, "Don't touch [or such word] that door, sir. Don't move that door." He went into what I assume was the restroom and she continued to say, "Don't touch that door. Do you understand Spanish? Do you understand English? Don't touch that door."

(The quotes are approximate, as I don't know whether she said "touch," "move" or "open.")

Do these planes have a door --not a pax evacuation route-- in the back that can be opened in flight?

I was thinking, "So this is how it's going to end. I'm in a plane, something really bad is going to happen, and it's not a movie. Not only that, but the NTSB will never know exactly why that door was opened."

Heck of a way to wind up on the front page of the NY Times, splattered across a field outside Albany NY. Of course, there would be one less journalist, so maybe it balances out.