PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 18th Feb 2015, 16:40
J74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Instructor: Is good for your own satisfaction and build experience receiving a salary while flying and signing hours but, if you're lucky you'll find a job in a JET later, but nowadays seems not easy In Europe at least!
They don't care anymore about your TT if you don't have a real Jet rating and if you're going to apply for some Companies, make sure they don't have A320 or B737 otherwise they want the relative TR and some hours on the type.
FI , This is good for the 1500 hours barrier in USA.

Or it could be a way to find a job in some African companies that use SEP and MEP doing bush, safari and so on....and in any case you should have the class rating of certain aircrafts.

If they Ban the P2f, of course something will change I think, maybe some Companies will start to look out of the loop. but don't believe that is full of job out there for not experience people.
With time, most Captains go in retirement, most FO upgrade to the left seat, and they will need new FO to fill the gap anyway.
Don't forget that in some Companies like for istance RAM, Tunisair ect( where P2f is active) nothing will change, cause if they need new FO, they will look inside their country and not for Foreigners.

Is it politically incorrect to suggest that a P2F program, which price shows it to be an honest training program, isn’t that bad?
In my opinion, is incorrect not because you jump the queue but cause you are paying to work instead of receiving a salary and in this way we(as pilots) are going to be our same enemy reducing our salary in the future, going against our rights and downgrading our profession.