PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seat of Pants Performance?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2015, 15:57
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
margins : How much.

PAN-OPS 4 LAND : up to MSA-1000ft or 25 km : gives you with the infamous formula of 60m + half the wingspan+ 0.125xd a clearance of 35 ft Straight and level or 50 ft in the turns. up to EFRA at V2+10 max 5minutes T/O power. After that, you do not know where you are for sure, but it is your turn then from out of the blue.. ( Where is the area chart ? ;-) )

TERPS LAND : 48 ft per NM = 0.8% if no indication clean at 400ft AGL ends at MEA-500ft or grid-mora if no valid data available.

This is of course if no EFP are depicted, GVA springs to mind because it is a classic example, and everybody goes there on RWY 23...

PAN-OPS 2...Same as PAN-OPS 4 EXCEPT that acceleration is set at 820 ft if no other information is given.

One can understand why most of OMB are set to CS25 with the minimum altitudes at 1000/1500, no brainer , cover most of cases, the other ones are very likely to be special airports with special training anyway ( Lowi, EGLC, KJAC, etc.)

Now the weight that you get and the trajectory associated is of course that Maximum All up weight that you can carry on that day; your knowledge of the airport and the surroundings ( the thing called experience, but that nobody wants to pay for) may make you choose anything below that weight, but certainly not above, and sometimes, for some people it is like an awakening : WHAT ? I can only go with 2 hours of fuel ?? These data is BS, i normally go full fuel out of here... Sorry bob...

You have to draw a line somewhere, and in the very changing world of business aviation, i would rather have pilots looking at one line and one number than to go long hand in the performance book under time pressure, but this is me...

Anyway Experience and CRM prevails when operating on the edges of the envelope , Max gross on a F2TH Easy at 50°C even at sea level in DXB is interesting on two engines, on one it is certification gradients.....