PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 18th Feb 2015, 15:34
Aeromar27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I have an honest question...

We all agree that the best possible scenario for someone with 200h-300h SEP would be to get hired to fly a jet and to sign a bond with the airline or to have reduced salary for some time. We all know that doesn't happen anymore.

Another scenario is to do flight instruction to build around 1000h SEP to get hired in the same way. In reality, new instructor openings depend on airlines hiring and clearing the flight-schools of current instructors, so that’s also rarely an option.

I say this because of the comments I read on the Facebook page and on here. It feels like some future pilots, and I include myself, feel P2F is THE reason why they have very low chances of getting a job. It’s not like if regulations suddenly ban P2F, airlines are gonna start hiring low hour pilots again like they used to, and give us free type ratings… or would they? Honest question.

Is it politically incorrect to suggest that a P2F program, which price shows it to be an honest training program, isn’t that bad?