PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit joining
Thread: Circuit joining
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2015, 08:33
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the lower aircraft has priority
I will check this also because I was aggreived by this the other day in a circuit which is a LH normal circuit pattern. Here is what happened..

After 2 go arounds already due to the said airfield being busy and aircrafts on the runway, I went for my third go around. Positioned downwind and just for reference the wind was Easterly at 10kts.

There was an aircraft in front of me on the downwind leg and an aircraft behind on the crosswind leg.

I turned base on the correct heading and correct positioning, only to see the aircraft that was in front.. really lower down than me and further out to the right in the wrong position. I called "Final" and "Contact/Visual with aircraft lower".

On the radio the Instructor in the plane quips "Aircraft on base are you visual with one lower and BEHIND". ... "Affirm.. Visual".

Then in an arsy voice when Im 400ft approx and short final she quips.. "Are you intending to Land".

Thinking that I am right and have right of way I was tempted to be arsy back and say "Well i am positioned on final in the correct position so YES I was intended to land".

However, I politely said "Affirm that was the intention but will go around".. thinking that I might have been wrong..

It later transpired I was correct and had right of way. Said Instructor was just arsy!

What else can one do if you encounter an out of position aircraft with arsy instructor?

Scoob.