PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2015, 07:49
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested to hear what people think are the missing links in the MAN route network?
Particularly back in the real world on short haul
Don't really have a view on Ankara and Tromso, but the others that LAX mentions are a good call in my view. I certainly agree that Nice and Lyon are underserved from MAN.

There was a rumour that Austrian have applied for slots for MAN-Vienna. If they were to restart, that might rule out Bratislava which is fairly close although a different country. If they don't, Bratislava might just work despite Jet2 flying to Vienna. As to Katowice, do we know how RYR perform on the Polish routes we still have? It's unfortunate that LPL got in first with the Poland boom through Ryanair and Wizz.

Long haul, I believe Thailand (Bangkok) and India are high in the list of countries unserved from MAN direct. However, I think a careful analysis is required to see which hubs passengers originating from MAN are using. (which I'm sure MAN will have). If there is a wide spread of carriers via AMS, FRA, LHR and the Middle East, then a direct service should not significantly affect the flights by those carriers to and from their hubs. If however, BKK has a majority of connecting pax flying via Dubai with EK for example, that could be more of a concern. The other side of the coin of course is that direct, non-stop services would attract outbound and inbound passengers not currently using MAN at all. I still see potential in the US with maybe a seasonal MIA (winter) and a seasonal BOS (summer).