PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 NEO: Finally a B752 replacement or not?
Old 17th Feb 2015, 20:56
Una Due Tfc

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
A321 NEO: Finally a B752 replacement or not?

An Airbus A321 with a 97-ton Maximum Weight - Where Can I Get One!? - AirlineReporter.com

For years I've been wondering about whether there would ever be a B752 replacement. I've seen over the last 10-15 years a big upsurge in the number of B752s being flown to smaller airfields in Europe by U.S. carriers, routes that wouldn't be economically viable for a larger frame. Think SNN/DUB/BFS/NCL/EDI/MAN/BHX/BRU etc, or on routes into the likes of LHR or AMS at times where a widebody is not needed. The 757 was obviously designed for hot and high airfields and ones with rwy length restrictions. A marvelous aircraft that is being phased out by many European and U.S. carriers in favour of the current A321 and B738/9. We know these haven't got the legs of the B752 and as such can't do flights between the East Coast USA hubs and western Europe.

Is the above linked A321 NEO the aircraft the U.S. majors and European carriers need? Are we still waiting? Or will we ever really see the old Boeing replaced like for like? The NEO can't carry much cargo. I'm curious to hear the opinions of folks who have previously/are currently flying 757s across the Atlantic. UA/US/AA/DL guys and gals, what percentage of your flights would have too much belly cargo for this new bird?

Thanks in advance folks

Last edited by Una Due Tfc; 17th Feb 2015 at 21:34.