PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2015
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2015, 19:29
ecco123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I applied to this program and I received an email saying "your application has progressed to the next phase"

I'm currently filling the second battery of questions, but, and I've been seriously put down by the calculations made in previous pages.

I made my own maths and it's even worse in my case with BBVA Spain's high interest if you don't have a house to mortage.

I used this website to calculate the net income: ListenToTaxman Tax Calculator 2014 UK Salary Calculator / Tax Calculator / Income Tax Calculator. Incorporates PAYE, national insurance, tax code, pensions and student loan repayments and I get £22,249.72 p/y after tax. ¿Aren't the payment of the Loan and the salary sacrifice (to pay the sponsorship back) considered as deductions?

In CTC's site they say "you will receive a Flight Duty Allowance at £2.09 per hour". Do they count just the fly hours or every work hour? How much could we expect from this "Flight Duty Allowance"? This is not stated in FTE Jerez Flybe page, but I guess it's the same.

I would really love to be selected for the Flybe program, I'm willing to do reasonable financial sacrifices, I'm not concerned about flying turboprop or the difficulties to move to jets in the future it's been discussed before, but I don't think I could live in the UK with a net income of £700 a month.

So I really have to do the maths well before driving for 9 hours to Jerez for the assessment.