PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2015, 14:37
Weakness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caution

Maxbrake, I believe it will be a cold day in hell before the guys hired last year receive the offer of full time contracts, before the 5 year mandatory point unless they challenge it.

As for those considering joining Thomson, I would suggest that as xollob said above, factoring in the employer pension contribution rate of 15% should not be assumed to be what they will get for for the current employee 3.5% rate. If the financial remuneration is marginal between current employer and Thomson then one may come up short and need to reconsider.

I have also heard the word on the street is they plan to offer a much reduced rate to pilots joining this year, but the company have not shared that information with pilots about to join, that's bad news if the rumour is true and you've already given your notice to your old employer ......

I'd recommend anyone offered a job should get in writing what the contribution rates for their pension will be as part of the offer, I note the recent advert didn't detail it.

Also note those employed for just the last summer season did not get kept on, so if anyone suggests taking a summer only contract and paying the £7k out of salary for the training despite being rated already could lead to a permeant contract, take it with a pinch of salt.

Seldom smoke without fire, just rumours on a rumour forum.

Last edited by Weakness; 17th Feb 2015 at 18:38.