PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Spirit Planning Burnie RPT?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2015, 12:22
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not totally correct Stationair

Ron's late son Ross was a major thorn in my side several times after Bizjets as he was involved peripherally with State Express which was involved with East West Cargo Express as well as with Bizjets in the day.

During one AN and TN pilot outage East West was still flying and I was up in MEL working on load control and checkin. On the cargo side we had Ross. good one - NOT! He was working tarmac and appeared to not understand the concept of load and trim and aeroplane regos. One afternoon after I checked the load and had to totally pull it apart and restow on the F27 500 he was last seen leaving past Block 5 at a speed that was overheating the tarmac after he heard second hand that I wanted a talk with him.

It is a good thing he did a runner as I would almost certainly have been on an assault charge. There was also an instance of junking the Bizjets limo between Essendon and Tulla with passengers on board.

Ron's Bizjets operation did get up the nose a little as their bus connection from DPO to downtown Burnie dropped off outside the TN Burnie office and the passengers expected to be able to store baggage with us. Yeah - right! Got some interesting responses from the refusals too!

Bizjets may have done an awful lot better but I believe they were supplied with incorrect operating parameters for the engines installed on the Metro that caused multiple unserviceabilties including engine fire on at least one occasion.

Jeff Hooley aka "The Pom" was a total greenhorn in the industry and in charge of the DPO operation for them and made an excellent fist of it and after they folded moved to TN DPO and WNY and was a great workmate until we were closed . Then on to TN ADL.

Ross sadly passed away not long after this sadly leaving a wife and young family.

The incidents are still in the memory, but no need for ongoing angst and a father should never ever have to bury their son.

I do wish Spirit well but would like for some things to start to add up and look logical. currently they are not. Currently I would not recommend a client put funds their way.

Best all

EWL