PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 17th Feb 2015, 09:40
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piloting is STILL a job, not some community service. So you need to get paid to do your job. So why should I finance extra for those living expenses. I should get salary so I dont need to extra finance that.
I did a Modular fATPL, A320 SSTR and some P2F. This lead to several interview opportunities, the likes of which simply did not happen in the 3 years before. I "paid" less than what most integrated fATPL pilots would pay to get the same interview opportunities but what's different is that I started my first job on a full salary with no stupid bonding/reduced salary scales. It;s Horses for courses.

Make it illegal for airlines to discriminate against pilots who come from "non-approved" flight schools and I'll agree with you....P2F must stop. Until then, I stand by my belief that P2F exists to make it a level playing field and in addition to what you view as rich mindless goofs who end up in a flying career, many talented commercial pilots (with and without thousands of GA hours) would simply not be able to start their careers.