PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates working conditions.....
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2015, 20:39
TCU LUX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys/Gals,

Whatever the recruitment people may spin to you at the roadshows there are some simple truths that you should know (I am open to correction by anyone that disagrees):

1. You will never get 42 days holiday in a year. The days you don't get assigned will just keep building up until you're fed up and resign. In the months that you do get leave EK will roster you the max hours possible in the remaining days of that month i.e. you still work as many hours in that month as in any other month.

2. The bidding system no longer functions - therefore do not expect to have more than 3 days off per month in a row. We are also heading for a max of 8 days off per month. This is not enough due to the rostering pratices at EK. You will fly lates to earlies...earlies to lates with minimum rest in between. The result is that you feel like a zombie and can not spend quality time with your family. You will be fatigued and irritable most of the time. This is all legal because the GCAA allow it. GCAA is Emirates & Emirates is the GCAA = you get screwed.

3. Education allowance will not cover the cost of your Kids education and depending on how many kids you have, and which schools you find a place in, you will be out of pocket. This can be a large part of your disposable income.

4. The inflation in Dubai greatly exceeds any miserly step pay increase you may receive - therefore year after year your actually real income is decreasing.

5. Profit share: May or may not happen. Looks like it's a thing of the past. If you get any then it will not be much...especially not the 12/14 weeks promoted at the roadshows.

I could go on and on. But the single biggest issue is that your health will suffer. Whatever else has been said, this is the greatest issue. You will feel fatigued all of the time and your health will suffer...along with it your lifestyle and quality of home life.

By the way, I hope you do decide to come as we need all the people we can get....maybe then we can get some leave.

From the sinking ship.........