PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 16th Feb 2015, 15:01
J74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi JohanP,
no one here is unrespectful I point out the Pilot Incapacitation just to make an example as I felt you far away maybe wrongly, but that's what you made me think.
P2F IS PART OF THE CHAIN. Not directly as you say but it is part of it.
I'm not defending P2F, but want to understand...You say is part of the chain that leeds in tragic event....I say, it could be in some circumstances but it couldn't be!

We have some carriers that have hired some pilots with only a few hundred hours of experience. ... There’s simply no substitute for experience in terms of aviation safety.
Yes of course, I heard and saw wht Capt. Sullenberger did but please make me look where, here, I wrote that you don't need experience ?

Telling you that even young guy are good pilots and have good skills and say that young guy have experience is different, and never told that.
Of course you need experience, and experience comes from years you spent to fly.

JohanP if you look around Europe, without going to far away, you are going to see that most of the major national Airline Company use to take cadets and young guys with 200 TT and put them after the training in their fleet, this include 77,74,33,34..