PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL SEP - 12 hours of flight time - need clarification
Old 16th Feb 2015, 14:07
ChickenHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The old devil's advocate game ... I think we are far too close to reality to judge our regulators. Yes, it is their job to define things clear and unambiguously, but the problem is - the reality is not. There are authorities which are aware of it and know they are partly perpendicular to reality - these are the ones to deal nicely with, and there are authorities, which did forget this fact and are consequently almost brain dead and a waste of time to talk to.

I insist, you are able to log all you want in your log book - let it PAX in CAT time or whatever you want, you could even possess a pilot log book without being a pilot ! - but which part you are able to present for a revalidation of a license is a different animal. You can be nice to your FE and only write down things which can be counted for license renewal, or you can write a diary where the FE will kill you for the time he/she needs to dig through your mud of lines.

I can not account for all future possible needed categories in my flight book, so I tend to over document, which was quite nice when I had to add my X-Country experience according to FAA definition "flight hours in flights departing from airport A to full-stop land at airport B with a direct line distance of over 50 nautical miles" - do YOU track this in your flight records for the case FAA needs it for a validation?

For the sake of simplicity I also vote to throw all that complicated experience-based lying to the waste bin of history and go for a simple 1h FE flight every 24 month.