PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 16th Feb 2015, 09:07
Aeromar27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. Aviation safety is too complex to define P2F as a direct affecting factor. I'm sure key human errors are being done by P2F and non-P2F pilots. Also, a P2Fer isn't automatically a bad pilot, just someone who had money and a different set of values.

The unions thing I've been saying for a long time. I see P2F as a problem affecting pilots (aviation workers), and as such, it should be treated by the unions. It doesn't only affect wannabe pilots, but also established pilots. I somewhat agree that experience after 200h isn't enough to make a fully ready airline pilot, but that's why airlines with decent training programs should be able to bring those 200h pilots up to standards with training and line training. The problem is that wannabe pilots see no reason to be part of a union and spend money on their fees. I think this is one that the unions should tackle out of pure ethics. Wannabe pilots in a facebook group don't have the capacity to create a level of pressure to get things started. This has to start happening from top to bottom. It's established pilots who have to help the future pilots in this one.