PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific SECOND OFFICER – ADVANCED ENTRY INITIAL INTERVIEW
Old 16th Feb 2015, 08:16
winnerhy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering getting a PPL and CPL in the Philippines

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the intake of SO of CX. I am a HKPID holder, I submitted my application for CPP AB initio back in June 2014 failed my second interview in Dec. Now I have to wait till Dec this year to reapply, and probably a few more months after that to get a first interview and another few months to get a second interview (if pass)...

Instead of waiting, I am considering getting a PPL (I have minimal hours right now), a CPL with IR and multi-engine rating and flight instructor rating with Omni Aviation in the Philippines. The reasons is simply because of the lower training and living costs over there.

Do you guys know whether CX appreciate any licenses issued in Philippines? Or specifically Omni? Do they totally not prefer someone who hold a pilot license from there?

If not, I am willing to take a look at the flight schools in the USA. But the huge number of choices made it hard to select a good one. I have looked at several flight schools in USA, and all of them claimed that you can get all the licenses within a short time frame under the "accelerated courses", some of the examples:

ATP
https://atpflightschool.com/international/

Sunstate aviation Accelerated Private Pilot Training Course

Any comments on the above flight schools, the quality of their training or the recognition / acceptability of Philippines issued pilot licenses?

I seriously need more advice or recommendations from professionals here on the "PPL all the way to CPL or even ATPL" route as this is a life-time decision of mine to quit my job and invest a huge sum of money and time to do that