PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2015, 23:49
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that an ex EI machine coming back or a new build? The B757s are not flown by Aer Lingus though, they're outsourced, so being slightly picky but hey. Also taking out the VS A320s takes it back to 35 IMHO but you get the idea.
It appears not to be EWR, so not sure where they are getting it from. I could double check but they have 40 short haul aircraft so 36 for their own operations.

Seriously, one bad year, one predatory competitor will kill this stone dead. Any commercial operator (excluding the usual ME3 types) could be dead in months of a sustained assualt on their long haul. The standalone Irish model of feeding long haul via DUB already appears to be at maximum capacity, what's next if not IAG?
A little dramatic, they have gotten through very hard years already and short haul is much more sustainable than it has being for a long time with Ryanair on top of them. Feeding long haul is not at max capacity by a long shot. Short haul profitability can be improved and as they continue to manage capacity and closing LGW base next month, CORE which has just commenced and will deliver up to 20% savings by getting rid of older staff for new ones and they delivered record revenue in Q3.

I think you need to put transit passengers at DUB into context with actual passenger numbers:
Short Haul - 8.45 million
Long Haul - 1.35 million
Regional - 1.31 million

750,000 transit - many brought by EIR/EI to EI but EI to United as well as American have increased transit a lot last year.