PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2015, 19:58
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying since 2011, end, in Africa, 737, well paid, good benefits, 50/60 hours max average montly,rarely night flight,a lot of rest days, 2on 1off, 4 ticket a year and get something like a CPT of Wizz earning nowadays with 90 hours flight!
This forum never ceases to amaze me. Usually a guy appears saying your conditions are sh**, you are flying a lot and you have to commute, etc. - and then the same guy says yeah I'm flying a [insert aircraft type] in some obscene place at World's End and I get 4 tickets per year to go home. Everybody join, conditions are the same as with legacy carriers...

You obviously cannot compare a salary for flying from EU base to EU destinations (well, 90% of them) to flying from Africa to Africa. Apples and oranges. I agree, you should be and luckily you are compensated for working in much more difficult flying/living environment (I've been there), but some people prefer to be home or at least close to home and accept a bit lower salary for this privilege. And no, being a pilot does not mean you must live out of your suitcase - as much as some management guys want us to believe.

You'll never get everything you want. If you disagree, please find me a job that makes me fly brand new aircraft 10 days a month from my home - and all this for only 20 k€/month net.

I supposed that i did't have to mention FO..oh well sorry, understand that in east country every one became a MANAGER; SUPERVISOR,CAPTAIN with no experience, but here in the West we use years of experience before to promote someone
You are flying in Africa and you dare say the phrase "here in the West" in the same sentence? Have you even been to Africa?