PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Archbishop apologises for Dresden bombings
Old 15th Feb 2015, 18:41
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
wk:-
Germany had made herself into a prosperous country by 1937 (separately from rearmament) by generating its own method of banking that did not involve borrowing currency from overseas at compound interest
Walter, I should stick to SEAL conspiracies, they cannot so easily be debunked. Wiki explains the scam far better than I ever could. I commend it, not to you as it would be pointless to do so, but to others who might wonder at the miracle that Hitler supposedly performed upon a broken and humiliated Germany:-
Reichsmark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particular this para:-
MEFO was a dummy company that was formed with relatively small amounts of capital that was used to finance German rearmament off the books. It issued bills without backing by its own resources but which were guaranteed redeemable at 1:1 for reichsmarks for five years by the government. The MEFO bills amounts were considered a state secret and were an important element in the impression that Hitlerian economics was a success. This company essentially created a large amount of reichsmarks off the books, inflating the currency in secret. Payment was about to come due giving Hitler the option of shifting the German economy to export goods to pay the bills or going to war and paying the debts off from looting profits extracted from conquered states.
I notice your "separately from rearmament" qualification, but that was the catch, wasn't it? In order to maintain this 'miracle' he had to go to war to loot and enslave conquered nations in order to keep the show on the road. Some miracle!