PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 15th Feb 2015, 15:59
J74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke SkyToddler
Look you guys the vast majority of P2F doesn't even happen in Europe, it happens in SE Asia and Africa.
True in part, even in Eu is full> check in the previous pages and you'll discover a lot of Airline companies still doing that, just to name few right now, Blu panorama Airline, Albastar, Small Planet Airlines, Germania...and the list continue!!

Golfdriver
Its never going to happen though because some idiots will still do it just to get ahead in the queue for a job. There is no Pilot unity.........and there aren't that many Pilot jobs for the newly qualified ones to go to. In other words you are "two a penny" and you have made a bad career choice!

Pilots will fly for nothing, or fly for food. I don't see Train Drivers or Plumbers working for nothing!

Good luck - get out and put the experience behind you.
, In fact if all these guys would realize what they are doing!!!
If you all (start to STOP) this process, YOU PROBABLY WILL FIND A SEAT IN THE COCKPIT SOON AND WITH BETTER DEAL!

JohanP

I wrote :
Something else I believe, for 30 or 50K I don't think anyone could let you seat in thr right seat if you not able. Remember..PILOT INCAPACITATION is always there waiting for you
your reply:
How can you be certain, 100% sure, when you assess someone that he/she will have the right reaction? And even more when it's about young pilots just fresh out of the school, you're a baby, you don't even know how to walk...
Hi johan are we speaking about piloting an aircraft or what? do you understand what I mean?
Would you give you're million dollar aircraft with somethin like minimum 180 pax flying in big cities crowded with people to an INCOMPETENT GUY JUST BECAUSE HE PAYED 50K EUROS and ENDANGER THE SAFETY of ALL THESE and the REPUTATION of THE AIRLINE?
I don't think!

If you're a Pilot you're a PILOT, not matter in which type of aircraft are you sit in! TO fly a Bus or Boeing is "like" to fly a Cessna, no differences, to fly is one thing, to understand the logics of the Computers we have on board (speacially Airbus) how they beahve, how to use them, how to cope with the information they give to us is something else!

So PILOT INCAPACITATION: what's wrong on that?? OPC will serve even for that, you'll practice and you'll know how to recognize, deal, communicate, navigate and fly to land the Airplane safely!!
That is something realy easy to do we always used to fly alone during our PPL/CPL...and you have all the help you need from the the C/A and ATC.

So again i ask you, would you give an airplane to a guy that during his training(LT) and OPC shows bad records?

To me it is not the best exemple, the major event as you say was very close to happen, isn't it? 3 May-Day calls on same day, low fuel emergency. Obviously, it is not serious.
That's another story and I'm afraid, with respect, we will go OT in deep...but this is nothing to do with P2f but a Policy of the Company, or it was!

Well, the world turned upside down. If I listen to what you say, it's almost a fresh low hour pilot should be the captain and the captain the copilot because they are more trained? Do you realize what you wrote?
I know what you mean, and some very experienced pilots can still make terrible errors of course. But it is not the general situation.
Please, do not compare a 200TT pilot (mostly on SEP, 30 to 50hours on DA42 or PA34)
to an experienced Captain with 6000 hours on type. It is not possible at all
I'm not comparing, I'm not downgrading...I'm just making you know that in young kids still exist good pilots, with good skills. That is my Goal, that obvious you didn't get it at all!

It seems we are speaking in different languages!
Please go in the professional word and then come back to me.

CaptainCriticalAngle
But ... would you like a list of landing errors by 'normal' pilots?
Delta_Charlie
Agree with you for everything but sorry I repeat to You, and it is not Fair,
SAFETY has nothing to do with P2F.

I knew some of these guys, believe me, saw the in SIM during OPC and in Aircraft....they are good pilots!
Nobody speak about, but not every one willing to pay will pass!
Do you know that?
Still a lot of "sleepers" people who don't talk here but there are a lot, who don0t make it during the TR or they have some negative point in some modules in the TR check Form......
Then you have people who doesn't pass the OPC check!
Some of the guys even after 2 attempt!

Then some of the guys fly for so long time with Safety Pilot and they then be removed even before the Line check.....
Others they fail the LIne check....
So please we are giving the bad information to the people and some CUSTOMERE here reading the FORUM.