PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2015, 11:56
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie,

Fair enough comment and clearly the data on how they fair head to head v Ryanair is not publically available , but EI have survived in the face of incredible competition, who equally says that FR profit on every route where they compete with EI either. FR have deep pockets to hurt EI and they haven't kept on every route where the 2 meet , though there are few enough examples.

My point is EI are resilient and their model enables them to compete with FR on the scale that they do ...
Very true and EI will do fine but it is very competitive and always a risk.

So eight aicraft make all the money? No wonder they're vulnerable.
11 but they contribute the bulk of profits which I expect is repeated across Europe. Carriers like KLM/AF/LH are not trying to set up locos for nothing.

Without short haul, longhaul would have no pax to fly! Can't see them making a profit then!

You have to take account of the whole operation!
Indeed but transit passengers are low on the grand scheme of total short haul traffic + take EI regional away and they are lower. It is good to see them targeting new European points for transit this summer which have next to no t/a services.

SH makes profit for 6 months and loses for another 6 months. Sooner EI manage to cut down losses in winter and increase LF's they will be fine. I expect the results this month will show a much better performance over this winter which is good.