PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How's this for stupid? 'Three' dongle.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2015, 09:22
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's this for stupid? 'Three' dongle.

I have a prepaid 'Three' mobile broadband dongle which I keep for times when I'm in the UK and out of reach of my own or other wifi. I can top it up with 1GB, which is more than enough, and that is valid for a month. In the past if it goes out of validity, I topped up online with another £10/1GB. Perfect.

A couple of months ago I tried to do this and it kept returning a blank page and timing out. I rang them and they said 'temporary technical problem' and they did the top up for me over the phone.

Same thing a few weeks ago. Same 'temporary problem'. I didn't have the time to follow up or complain.

Same thing this morning, and after speaking to Mohamed, and Veejay, and Deepak and asking how many more months this 'temporary problem' will last for ....... they tell me that it's not actually a technical problem, but that if your account value is nil you can't top up on line. This is as a result of a 'system upgrade'.

We have a system upgrade which has removed a function which worked perfectly for something that doesn't work at all.

........ and a lost customer. In fact, three lost customers as we're all on the same setup.