PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2015, 13:12
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those sugesting that a few of us from the industry could influence change by joining forces and talking to the regulators, I have bad news for you. In the country that I live and fly in the regulator is a major part of the problem, along with totally unqualified Provincial employees who have been able to hijack the training standards and flight training industry, promoting the dumbing down of training and causing huge monetry costs to the industry, all this done on the watch of the previous director of flight training who in retirement now thinks what he has done "might have been a miss- step". Now we have a Minister of Transport allowing of- shore pilots to fly Canadian aircraft without the required training and qualification required by our own regulations! {Having heard/witnesed one of these crews in "panic mode" a week ago when the weather was a bit claggy, we had in fact diverted, I just cant imagine what their background/training is having heard and witnesed their perfomance, in what was an almost normal Canadian Winter event}The regulator in this part of the globe is now looked upon as a bloody joke and have not attracted the right folks to join them in many moons, in fact of the five employees I had to fire years ago, four are now "inspectors". The only thing which will change whats going on is the insurance industry, and a major house cleaning of our Civil Service, Im not holding my breath for this to happen!The rot in pilot training and standards can, in this part of the globe, be laid at the feet of the regulator, untill qualified, independant folks are hired into a broken system, these sad events will not stop, the race to the bottom is a world wide problem, not just an Asian one.

Last edited by clunckdriver; 14th Feb 2015 at 16:02.