PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2015, 10:57
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@jetgo:

What I meant by that is, the guys who cleared the sim check of the 2011 batch on their 2nd attempt, were recently called for the medicals. A handful of them were called, so it won't increase the count of the 2011 batch by much, so don't worry too much about the delay of further batches due to this.

Jet has already started sending 2011 batch for the type rating. Around 40 have completed training so far. The first 8 have been called up this month to sign the contract and join as trainee first officer. The remaining 32 of those who completed their rating are waiting to called up for the same.

Around 60 people from the 2011 batch still haven't done their type rating yet. This will start around the end of 2015 once the initial 40 have been inducted in to the company.

2013 batch isn't likely to start anytime soon. If I had to give you an estimate, I'd say not before 2017.

Whoever that "someone" is who mentioned that only type rated candidates will be called and cpl candidates won't be called "at all" is only speculating. Don't believe everything you hear. Remember that the 2011 guys who are currently being inducted are cpl holders too. They've done their type rating "through Jet", and not independently.